Three steps to have your music back
Getting the code of your VW radio online is much easier than you can think.
Locate serial number
Find the VWZ identification number of your Volkswagen unit. See details: where to find the serial number.
Calculate radio code
Enter your 14-digit serial numbe in the upper calculator and follow the simple process. You need to provide an contact email.
Get radio code
Make the payment securely with your card or PayPal and receive the activation code in maximum of 15 minutes.
Volkswagen radio code entry
You already have the code, and you can't enter it? Follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your radio, and wait until "SAFE" becomes "1000". If "SAFE" stays on screen, leave the unit on for an hour.
- To enter a digit, you must press button 1 as many times as necessary. If you have to enter a "0", press the button ten times.
- Press button two repeatedly until the second digit of the code is entered.
- Enter the third and fourth digits using the corresponding buttons 3 and 5.
- Hold down the ">" button for several seconds to confirm the code.
- If the code is correct, the radio starts working as usual. If otherwise, it says "SAFE", the code entered is wrong.
The most common doubts based on what the people ask us by chat.
We understand that it is always desirable that something does not cost; however, it is not possible to get a free code for Volkswagen, at least not online. It is possible that having the VIN at hand, you can call Volkswagen in your country, which should give you the code at no cost. If you cannot pay on this website, we recommend this site, which does practically the same but at a supplier price.
If you enter the wrong code too many times, the radio locks up with the message "SAFE 2". To enter a code again, leave the unit on for 1 hour. In all this hour, "SAFE" must be visible on the screen.
out of 5. Based in 4 reviews
Very quick the best si far
Quick turn around, code worked perfectly, amazing service. Thank you!
code correct for golf 2010
Awesome service, got my Golf 5 radio code in 30 minutes and it worked!
The serial number uniquely identifies your radio and is 14 characters long. Not to be confused with the VIN.
Find the serial number on the label attached to the side of your radio. This label is not visible until you take out the radio. The serial number begins with VWZ and is 14 characters long. Example: VWZ1Z2I6576334
Start by removing the plastic mould around the radio so you can see the four retaining screws. Remove them using a Torx screwdriver and pull the radio out.